The Marketing Manager works closely with the Marketing Director, show marketing reps, and media partners to market and promote RiverCenter, its events, and its mission. Responsibilities include day-to-day management of the marketing schedule and production of marketing collateral, videos, and social media, with authority to purchase advertising as required under the approved marketing budget. The Marketing Manager will work with Marketing Director to schedule cast interviews with local media as well as developing and managing promotional events with local businesses and organizations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Marketing & Advertising
- Work with Director to set deadlines and design parameters for radio, TV, social media and digital ad artwork.•Develop television/radio spots and submit/upload to stations by established deadlines.
- Work with marketing teams for Broadway and other shows to set ad schedule for each show according to established budget and trade agreements. Determine television spot schedules, spot durations, identify programming that fits the show demographics and submit television and radio schedules to marketing teams for approval.
- Produce video content including commercials, promotional and development videos. Draft scripts and coordinate recording. Submit to media outlets by established deadlines.
- Draft calendar of events listings.
- Work with show PR and marketing personnel to schedule cast interviews for local television and radio appearances when directed.
- Contact show marketing reps at start of season to get contact information and marketing links for each show. Set up a spreadsheet with this information and download all show assets to the marketing shared drive.
- Work with Marketing and Development Directors to develop content and draft articles for quarterly Ovation publication.
- Propose ideas for off-site event promotions and activities. Undertake promotional activities as designated by Marketing or Executive Director.
- Work with Marketing Director for promotional needs for Discovery Series and education events.
- Oversee production for promotional signs, posters and banners. Distribute posters to downtown businesses.
- Attend RiverCenter shows and events as a representative of RiverCenter. Monitor/conduct pre-show and intermission promotions and photography.
Budget & Financial
- Adhere to established show budgets, keeping up to date records.
- Set weekly schedule of social media posts, draft content and photos and schedule posts. Conduct additional promotions/contests as instructed. Draft copy for Facebook/Instagram/Twitter sponsored ads and boosted posts and set up campaign according to established schedule.
- Compose monthly promotional email blasts and targeted email blasts for each show.
- Maintain current content on website.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field, and at least 5 years of experience in a marketing or promotional setting. A background in the arts is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- •Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including experience writing for promotional materials, press releases and social media.•Proficiency in videography and video editing software (Final Cut Pro X, Premiere Pro).•Strong proofreading ability.•Proficiency in Microsoft Office.•Proficiency in Word Press, Mail Chimp or similar programs, and social media platforms.•Photography and photo editing experience.•Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.•Ability to work independently to achieve goals.•Ability to work professionally and cheerfully with others, working across departments and providing support when needed for the betterment of RiverCenter.•Possess a valid Georgia or Alabama driver’s license required.•Performs other duties as assigned by Marketing Director.
SCHEDULE AND STATUS:
This is an on-site position. 40 Hours work schedule with evening and weekend responsibilities; Salaried, overtime exempt.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills, and competitive with other area non-profit organizations, health benefits, and 403(b) eligibility after 12 months employment.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These employees are responsible for decisions and assignments based on established policies and procedures. Work is performed under the general direction of the Operations Director or the Security Lead in charge of the shift.
Two roles to be filled; one part-time and one full-time.
Examples of Duties:
- Maintain an Activity Log of pertinent information
- Works with the Security Lead to ensure safe venue operations during shows and events
- Monitors and answers designated telephones
- Monotors CCTV System (secure system)
- Monitors Security Observation Software System (video/tape system)
- Make Security Badges
- Open and secure doors as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skill in carrying out orders with precision and speed
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely is a must
- Ability to operate different types of mobile radio systems
- Ability to learn and apply safety regulations and procedures
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner
- HS Diploma
- Basic Computer Experience
RiverCenter for the Performing Arts
Columbus, GA 31901
Please send resume and cover letter to Sable McCulley at email@example.com. No phone calls please.