Come join our team! We currently have an opening for a ticketing associate:
JOB TITLE: Ticketing Associate
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager and Assistant Box Office Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Non-supervisory, hourly
The Ticketing Associate is an Independent Contractor position which supports retail and ticketing/box office operations for RiverCenter and reports directly to the Box Office Manager and Assistant Box Office Manager. This high-profile position requires excellent customer service skills and face-to-face interaction as well as telephone communications to assist with sales inquiries in a heavy traffic environment. Must be able to communicate both verbally and written as well as use the RiverCenter’s computerized ticketing system.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customer service assistance for all ticket purchases including telephone and in-person sales, inquiries, and purchases during all normal box office hours: Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM, nights, weekends, and event times.
- Flexible event hours (evenings and weekends) will be required.
- Accurate cash handling accountability and daily cash settlements required.
- Assist Box Office and Marketing Department with bulk mail processing and other requests.
- Assist other internal departments and perform other duties as assigned on on-going basis.
- Guide patron decisions and incorporate upselling into every transaction.
- Stay current on all events scheduled in the theatre.
- Organize and clean all office workspaces.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
One year of customer service, tickets sales, or clerical related work experience. Graduate from standard high school or equivalent; some college or technical education preferred. Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ticketing software experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, to include Excel, and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and attention to detail required.
- Strong sense of team and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be self-directed, and demonstrate initiative.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
Salary is competitive with other area education and programming organizations.
**This job description does not attempt to be inclusive of all responsibilities, but list those which are ordinary and customary and other duties may be required.**
Job Type: Contract
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.